GlacieReiN

Sunday, 13 December 2015

I was wondering what to do for next year's hackathon "hacknroll" in end-January. I don't think I want to build a website from scratch because

1. I am only familiar with the View for pure HTML/CSS + a few other frameworks
2. I am still lost in Ruby on Rails and that will either slow down or stop me from hacking all day.
3. I don't think a website is any appealing for a Hackathon project unless it has functions inside... applications.

So I want to build an application. I will not be well-versed in Java because it will be my official 2nd week into Java. Then how about web application? I am okay with JavaScript as a programming language by itself so I think I will spend some part of the remaining vacation bridging my understanding with programming applications. But pure JavaScript does not seem fun enough; I think I will try ReactJS since my senior from NUS Hackers taught for a ReactJS workshop in hackerschool and I should put that to good practice. I already put what I learnt from HTML/CSS into practice with this web page. As for pure JavaScript... another day!!!!


I find it really strange that sometimes it snows on my web page and sometimes it doesn't.




I am not sure/forgot how to access my files, so I start with the I.P. address first.




This page looks like the download page for NUS CS1020.




Finally! But I don't know why I end up downloaded the .html~ file when I click it. I don't know what the additional "~" means.




For the start_server shell script, I used "python -m StartHTTPServer" as seen in my senior's workshop material.

Labels: , ,



GlacieReiN

2015/10/10

About Blog

Anything geeky or nerdy shall be here!

About Me

Currently at a loss for words

My LinkedIn

Programming Languages

(in descending order)
  1. Python
  2. Ruby
  3. Java
  4. JavaScript
  5. C#
  6. Everything Else

Web Development

(in arbitrary order)
  1. HTML
  2. CSS
  3. jQuery
  4. Bootstrap, Materialize
  5. Hugo
  6. Flask
  7. Ruby on Rails

Others

  1. Elasticsearch
  2. MongoDB
  3. Chef
  4. Ansible

The Hacks

2015

    January to June

  • DSO: Defusing the Binary Bomb
  • DSO: Dynamic Malware Analysis
  • NUS AY15/16 Semester 1

  • CS1101S Programming Methodology
  • CS1231 Discrete Structures
  • MA1101R Linear Algebra I
  • MA1521 Calculus for Computing
  • December

  • GitHub
  • NUSComputing.com
  • NUSBiZiT.org
2016


Contact Me



Affiliates

GlacieRaiN
ZongLong
BiZiT Society
NUS Wind Symphony

Organisations

NUS Computing Club
NUS Hackers


Archives

October 2015
November 2015
December 2015
January 2016
February 2016
March 2016
April 2016
May 2016
June 2016
July 2017


Advertisement



Credits