Tuesday, 3 May 2016
I participated in the first hackathon of my life - 29/4/16 (8.30pm) to 30/4/16 (11.30am).
I mainly learnt how to create web server requests via jQuery's $.ajax() function. I hope to reinforce this concept in the Orbital workshops.
In addition to using Bootstrap's responsiveness design, I have also used other CSS, and JS components, including Modals (JS), but I could not see myself replacing prompts with forms in Modals.
I felt a little uncomfortable because I am trying to write a web application not in Rails. I bumped into many bugs because the HTML string in the jQuery append function was too long. I made the Facebook engineers busier than expected with my bugs. And I feel like I have thrown away a lot of my debugging power (probably too late in the night to stay sane).
Special thanks to my team of gurus, who end up advising me, teaching me, and sometimes debugging for me.