GlacieReiN

Saturday, 5 December 2015


I have to confess that it took me a few tries before getting the entire command sequence right. First, I forgot the colon in "git@github.com:jiayeerawr/GlacieRaiN" and had a slash in place of it. Second, I forgot the remote name in the same command. Apparently "git add" doesn't seem to detect any of my minor mistakes only until I try to pull and of course there is no such remote name. Haven't found out why but I'll be happy to be spoon-fed with the answer. My guess would be that in "git remote add ... ...", the second "..." is optional because the first "..." would have to be the remote name and the remote name can be set to point (not sure about this choice of word) to the repository URL upon another command which would set up this relationship..., or mapping.

My focus for today is on Vim. I don't think I want to memorise every basic command so diligently because it will be boring if I don't have to actually do the job. So nowadays I am using vim more often (also because it is more convenient in terms of opening an editing mode) and when I need to do something, I will search for the shortcuts in the user-friendly tip sheet written by Greg Hewgill on stackoverflow.

So far, in addition to the "i", Esc, "dd", and ":wq", in the past few days, I used and learnt:

1. Shift + G -> last line
2. 123G -> go to line 123
3. :/word -> search forward for a line with "word"

I may have interpreted the commands slightly wrongly too, but I am sure I can clarify those upon future observations. I am lagging behind the people in my cohort who studied the other programming module in the usage of Vim because they used it for the entire semester while I use it... largely for fun.

Labels: , ,

0 comments | Leave a comment



GlacieReiN

2015/10/10

About Blog

Anything geeky or nerdy shall be here!

About Me

Currently at a loss for words

My LinkedIn

Programming Languages

(in descending order)
  1. Python
  2. Ruby
  3. Java
  4. JavaScript
  5. C#
  6. Everything Else

Web Development

(in arbitrary order)
  1. HTML
  2. CSS
  3. jQuery
  4. Bootstrap, Materialize
  5. Hugo
  6. Flask
  7. Ruby on Rails

Others

  1. Elasticsearch
  2. MongoDB
  3. Chef
  4. Ansible

The Hacks

2015

    January to June

  • DSO: Defusing the Binary Bomb
  • DSO: Dynamic Malware Analysis
  • NUS AY15/16 Semester 1

  • CS1101S Programming Methodology
  • CS1231 Discrete Structures
  • MA1101R Linear Algebra I
  • MA1521 Calculus for Computing
  • December

  • GitHub
  • NUSComputing.com
  • NUSBiZiT.org
2016


Contact Me



Affiliates

GlacieRaiN
ZongLong
BiZiT Society
NUS Wind Symphony

Organisations

NUS Computing Club
NUS Hackers


Archives

October 2015
November 2015
December 2015
January 2016
February 2016
March 2016
April 2016
May 2016
June 2016
August 2017
September 2017
October 2017


Advertisement



Credits