GlacieReiN

Thursday, 10 December 2015


I finally got serious and spent the entire day writing to this file! I had the grid structure ready (from the HTML5/CSS3 Workshop held by NUS Hackers). My job that whole day (Monday) was to gather images of Inori, choose fonts from Google, colour the columns, and mobile-optimise the page. I'm thankful for these tools (Google search engine and fonts, Photobucket image hosting, W3Schools for tutorials, and Inori fans who uploaded her pictures) and now I'm feeling a bit sheepish for not inserting a Credits corner. Alright, that will be my next push.




This one's for my personal diary blog. A screenshot of the page is attached below. I did not use any Bootstrap here so I find mobile optimisation really difficult. I have not succeeded yet, and I am a bit tired because my Webmaster duties have officially started and I should be focusing on revamping the faculty club's website (http://nuscomputing.com/). As of now I am constructing the Header and Footer view. I have to go to school tomorrow (or today, since it is already 12.30am) to continue working on them. I think I am a bit slow and I feel guilty for it... I had another meeting today and I had to put the duty aside for the day.




I think I will go to sleep soon. I did not install Ruby on Rails in Windows, but I enjoyed constructing the view for my personal blogs in Windows... Notepad++. Now this brings the question: Am I really appreciating Windows? My school gave computing students a premium DreamSpark account but I have yet to install what I downloaded. I downloaded Windows 8.1, Virtual PC, SQL Server 2016 and a few more.

I think my procrastination in using these products are because I already run a dual-boot and I have their counterparts in that operating system. For SQL, I am not familiar with it but I conduct my operations through phpMyAdmin. For Virtual PC, I have VMWare Player here and I stuffed in Fedora for fun. I barely touch it because it loads really slowly. I was taught that SSD improves performance and speed especially for reading files but I guess it applies to loading VMs too.

I am really comfortable with Windows 7 and I am just resistant to change. There also a lot of other stuff to do and I will thus postpone exploration.

Labels: , , ,

1 comments | Leave a comment



GlacieReiN

2015/10/10

About Blog

Anything geeky or nerdy shall be here!

About Me

Currently at a loss for words

My LinkedIn

Programming Languages

(in descending order)
  1. Python
  2. Ruby
  3. Java
  4. JavaScript
  5. C#
  6. Everything Else

Web Development

(in arbitrary order)
  1. HTML
  2. CSS
  3. jQuery
  4. Bootstrap, Materialize
  5. Hugo
  6. Flask
  7. Ruby on Rails

Others

  1. Elasticsearch
  2. MongoDB
  3. Chef
  4. Ansible

The Hacks

2015

    January to June

  • DSO: Defusing the Binary Bomb
  • DSO: Dynamic Malware Analysis
  • NUS AY15/16 Semester 1

  • CS1101S Programming Methodology
  • CS1231 Discrete Structures
  • MA1101R Linear Algebra I
  • MA1521 Calculus for Computing
  • December

  • GitHub
  • NUSComputing.com
  • NUSBiZiT.org
2016


Contact Me



Affiliates

GlacieRaiN
ZongLong
BiZiT Society
NUS Wind Symphony

Organisations

NUS Computing Club
NUS Hackers


Archives

October 2015
November 2015
December 2015
January 2016
February 2016
March 2016
April 2016
May 2016
June 2016
August 2017
September 2017
October 2017


Advertisement



Credits