GlacieReiN

Friday, 19 February 2016


Week 6 of CS2020 - AVL trees. There was a discussion about Skip Lists during the Linked List lecture last week (or two weeks ago) and I was still not sure how I could go about implementing it as there was uncertainty (probability) in whether a node was to be skipped.

As for Splay Trees, it was mentioned briefly but it was precisely at those moments in which I was not paying full attention and so it was as good as not having heard of them at all.




I was bored at night because the next assignment was to be released on Thursday. It ended up being released today, Friday.

I spent the Wednesday night trying to improve on the Computing Club's website. There were spam form submissions being sent to the destination email and it was extremely annoying. At first, I thought it was just some committee member testing the form, but the submissions never stopped and event had dumb content like "asd".

I added ReCaptcha, and afterwards a senior recommended robots.txt or something along those lines. I will read up on that the next time I am "free".




This was the most nerve-wrecking laboratory session of CS2100. There was an unknown bug in which the S4 output was never activated. I changed the IC chip (which was declared as "PASS" by the tester) to my friend's (my friend was fast and was done with her circuit), and a new bug arose. Now the S3 output did not light up for certain inputs in which S3 was expected to light up.

It was ONE minor mismatch that screwed the logic up. I connected a "0" to one of the inputs which should have been "A". I debugged this at 12.55pm on the dot.




A welfare gift from NUSWS, the musical CFA group I spend my Thursday nights (and soon, Sundays too) with.




This orchid belonged to a dish in the CNY lunch for SoC this afternoon. I felt honoured to have been given a chance to attend this exclusive event. I still love my quiet life more, though.

Labels: ,

0 comments | Leave a comment



GlacieReiN

2015/10/10

About Blog

Anything geeky or nerdy shall be here!

About Me

Currently at a loss for words

My LinkedIn

Programming Languages

(in descending order)
  1. Python
  2. Ruby
  3. Java
  4. JavaScript
  5. C#
  6. Everything Else

Web Development

(in arbitrary order)
  1. HTML
  2. CSS
  3. jQuery
  4. Bootstrap, Materialize
  5. Hugo
  6. Flask
  7. Ruby on Rails

Others

  1. Elasticsearch
  2. MongoDB
  3. Chef
  4. Ansible

The Hacks

2015

    January to June

  • DSO: Defusing the Binary Bomb
  • DSO: Dynamic Malware Analysis
  • NUS AY15/16 Semester 1

  • CS1101S Programming Methodology
  • CS1231 Discrete Structures
  • MA1101R Linear Algebra I
  • MA1521 Calculus for Computing
  • December

  • GitHub
  • NUSComputing.com
  • NUSBiZiT.org
2016


Contact Me



Affiliates

GlacieRaiN
ZongLong
BiZiT Society
NUS Wind Symphony

Organisations

NUS Computing Club
NUS Hackers


Archives

October 2015
November 2015
December 2015
January 2016
February 2016
March 2016
April 2016
May 2016
June 2016
August 2017
September 2017
October 2017


Advertisement



Credits