GlacieReiN

Sunday, 26 June 2016

For the whole of yesterday and half of today, I was at the HDB Cool Ideas Hack 2016. My team is "HDB Crawler".

Our project aims to connect HDB residents to HDB through an event organiser system.

The residents will be using the mobile application to find out about upcoming HDB events, past HDB events, and HDB events that they are going for. They may RSVP to upcoming events, or submit feedback about past events in the same platform.

The HDB administrators will be using the web application to manage events, changes of which would be reflected in the mobile application accordingly in real-time. They may also view feedback from the residents pertaining to any particular event, and gauge an overall rating through Watson's sentiment analysis.

The source code for our mobile application can be found here. As for our web application, it is currently with my team mate Ashish.

Below are some websites that I was browsing through during the reception before the prize presentation:
I learnt in this hackathon that I am still not ready for the harshness of the outside world. My team leader had to do most of my work for me. I felt that my contribution was insignificant. I realised where I stand amongst these 260 passionate participants. For my next hackathon, which will be a long while later, I am determined to be geared up with my personal snippets of algorithms and templates.

And now, I will be back to my usual lifestyle, but with a sweet shift of how I am going to pursue my dreams.

Labels: , ,

0 comments | Leave a comment



GlacieReiN

2015/10/10

About Blog

Anything geeky or nerdy shall be here!

About Me

Currently at a loss for words

My LinkedIn

Programming Languages

(in descending order)
  1. Python
  2. Ruby
  3. Java
  4. JavaScript
  5. C#
  6. Everything Else

Web Development

(in arbitrary order)
  1. HTML
  2. CSS
  3. jQuery
  4. Bootstrap, Materialize
  5. Hugo
  6. Flask
  7. Ruby on Rails

Others

  1. Elasticsearch
  2. MongoDB
  3. Chef
  4. Ansible

The Hacks

2015

    January to June

  • DSO: Defusing the Binary Bomb
  • DSO: Dynamic Malware Analysis
  • NUS AY15/16 Semester 1

  • CS1101S Programming Methodology
  • CS1231 Discrete Structures
  • MA1101R Linear Algebra I
  • MA1521 Calculus for Computing
  • December

  • GitHub
  • NUSComputing.com
  • NUSBiZiT.org
2016


Contact Me



Affiliates

GlacieRaiN
ZongLong
BiZiT Society
NUS Wind Symphony

Organisations

NUS Computing Club
NUS Hackers


Archives

October 2015
November 2015
December 2015
January 2016
February 2016
March 2016
April 2016
May 2016
June 2016
August 2017
September 2017
October 2017


Advertisement



Credits